Anyone is eligible who believes that their project/event meets one of the below criteria:
- Grant to further advanced study (applications for grants must be accompanied by an affidavit from an Institution or appropriately qualified person stating that the study/experience would make a useful impact on the development of the person concerned).
- Project that increases participation in theatrical performance, e.g: opportunity for active participation by the community and/or which involves local or regional performing, production, technical crews and/or a production which enables student performers to bring their work to a wider audience. Grants for productions at theatres other than St James Theatre or Opera House may be made at the discretion of trustees. In this instance preference will be given to New Zealand works.
- Project that increases community wide interest in the theatre (i.e: presentation of new works).
- Project that is directed at interesting or involving children/young people in the theatre (e.g. a work which is specifically directed at this target audience or a programme which involves children/young people. Please note, preference will be given to New Zealand works.
- Project intended to raise funds to support activities of value to the community, e.g.: Salvation Army, Variety Club, Children’s Grief Centre etc..