Our vision at the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants and investors; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington’s economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WREDA and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena, TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of operations at Venues Wellington’s well-known venues. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement, streamlining and driving efficiencies in Venue Wellington Operations. You will be leading the operations and logistics elements of Venues Wellington event delivery.
The role will work closely with the Operations Manager, who you will be reporting to, to identify new strategies and objectives, as well as be a key resource in ensuring these are rolled out. As a key member of our Operations team that is making a difference for our venues, your success in this role can be pivotal in the development of your career.
You will be developing initiatives and enhancing processes to improve team productivity and be excellent with both process and people. Your deep understanding of best practice, and operations and technical experience which will be essential to success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Utilising your past technical and operational experience, identify areas for improvement and implementation
- Look for medium to long-term projects that will contribute to the ongoing success of our venues
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the Operations Team including monitoring performance and rosters to maximise efficiencies and team productivity
- Identify learning & development opportunities and implementing training systems to improve our team’s development
- Assist with the development, planning and tracking of equipment movement and maintenance
- Manage operational budget, review and support standard operating procedures and processes
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a senior venues operations role, within the technical/AV space for large events
- Sound knowledge of technical & production services, rigging, Audio Visual, stage management etc
- Working knowledge of Visio and EBMS (event business management software) or similar and confidence reading and interpreting event or production CADs
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? If yes, we would love to hear from you. You will enjoy working with a wide range of people and get satisfaction from delivering sustainable results in a frontline environment.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
Applications close on Thursday 15 March 2018 by 5pm.