Our vision at the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants and investors; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington’s economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WREDA and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, The Opera House, TSB Bank Arena and TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6).
We have an immediate exciting opportunity for a Sales Development Manager to join our team on a fixed-term basis (eleven months to cover a period of parental leave). The role is focused on attracting a year-round calendar of business events from multi-day conferences to board meetings (and everything in between) across some of Wellington's largest and coolest venues. This role represents a great career progression opportunity and will really suit someone who wants to be part of a team of passionate, driven and successful sales managers.
This role is responsible (amongst other things) for:
- Achieving and exceeding challenging sales related KPIs
- Demonstrating excellent account management attitude
- Assisting the Head of Sales with projects as needed to help drive individual and overall team performance
- Assisting with the development of marketing initiatives to drive short-lead sales and the wider marketing team on developing sales tools
To be successful in this role you will enjoying winning new business, growing accounts under management and always be up for exploring new sales opportunities. You will also ideally have:
- 3+ years proven experience in sales as a top performer - experience in events/venue management industry is essential
- Experience drafting high quality sales proposals and great communications skills
- Proven history in managing successful internal/customer relationships
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills, and comfort with working with reports
- Advanced knowledge and experience of MS Office together (ideally) with knowledge of event sales related software such as EBMS
- A positive, adaptable, 'can do' working attitude
To be part of a motivated and upbeat team committed to delivering on Wellington's reputation as the 'coolest little capital in the world', please apply now.
Click here for a copy of the job description.
Applications close at 5pm on 17 August 2017 and we may interview candidates as applications are received, so get in quick.
If you have any questions or to apply, please email Vathany Owen, HR Coordinator & Advisor.